Baardskeerdersbos Village : Smallholding : For Sale : 3 Protea – Sold
- R 2,900,000
- Small holding
- 4525 meters
BIGGER THAN NORMAL PLOT WITH LARGE GARDEN, CENTRAL AREA IN BAARDSKEERDERSBOS, OVERBERG :
There is only one B’bos and that is Baardskeerdersbos in Overberg Region, 20km from Gansbaai, 24km from Bredasdorp, and shortcut to Pearly Beach with beautiful white sand beaches. This pearl in Overberg is a small village with Approximately 100, mostly fulltime residents and 65 properties. A steady Overstrand Municipality is in control and render all basic services. The newly, upgraded tarred road from Gansbaai runs through this rural village. The many artist’s, keen gardeners, friendly residents and quaint restaurants makes this the ultimate peaceful village to stay. Once a month they have a local handcraft/fresh produce market which always turns out to be very social and relaxed. The residence, keen gardeners, grow organic produces, have pets and animals on small scale to experience a “jol” in this village. There are various markets to generate an extra income with various weekend markets in the surrounding farms, smallholdings and towns. There is already a lot of customers to support the produces. For the businessmen who wants to work from home all the necessary media is on the doorstep. The breath-taking views of the surrounding valley, fynbos, farmsteads, endless skies, flourishing fruit trees, veggie gardens and mountain ranges that give plenty of peace, calm and tranquil atmosphere for the visitors and the residents. The area still has the privilege of the old day’s irrigation system well known as the “Leiwater” system. The Boskloof River with runoff water from Perdekop as part of the Kouberge, feeds the system and has been sustainable over many years.
This property of 4525m² (square metre) (0.45Ha) is the ideal place for an energetic family who wants to make a five star living, gardening and enjoy the local valley live.
1. The Main, 245m² Cottage, in original Strandveld style of architecture consists of two bedrooms inside and a third one on the covered veranda/stoop, with cement screed floors and beautiful white ceilings and dark rafters combination. The kitchen has a fire place as well as an open plan pantry with open shelves. The bathroom still has the old fashion look, atmosphere with large shower and free standing bath. The main entrance is from undercover stoop and has a beautiful view on the landscape. A second under cover, veranda/stoop that has a view on the backyard garden. The main house and cottage is a typical example of an original Strandveld architecture and has an attic, complete with a wooden staircase outside and currently used as a store room.
2. The second Cottage, approximately 52m² consist of an open plan lounge/ kitchen with a fireplace. It has one large bedroom with beautiful Spanish reed ceilings and log rafters combination. The bathroom has a shower, basin and a toilet. This building was originally used as a “smitswinkel” that was later renovated into a cottage. This cottage is situated in the centre of the big garden with ample lawns.
3. The third building, in the far corner of the property, is a wooden cottage with a covered veranda, approximately 85m². It consists of a large open plan lounge/kitchen with a bedroom and en-suite bathroom (shower, toilet & basin). The kitchen is well planned.
4. A store room off approximately 20m² is a useful asset. Apart from that is a free standing toilet in the back garden.
5. Shaded parking for vehicles, approximately 30m² in the far right corner.
6. Plenty of fresh water available from the local Municipality. This property still, has the rights, on certain terms, to make use of the existing “Leiwater’ system threw a “leivoor” that feeds a concrete dam with a pump system, with about limitless capacity to keep the garden in the good shape, it is at the moment. Ample space left for a veggie garden that would flourish in the well-known fertile soil of B’bos area. There is an old dam, not in use that could be restored? Electricity is supplied by Eskom.
This is the perfect break away/lifestyle option not to be missed! Kindly contact us at Pride Property, a 100% Local Property Agency with 20 years’ experience as well as a major shareholder in the Local Property Market.